back to all recipes
Peppermint Flavored PEEPS Hot Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker ™ SuperMoist ™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker ™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 30 PEEPS Brand Candy Cane Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- Place paper baking cup in each of 20 regular-sized muffin cups. Spray insides of paper baking cups with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Spoon batter evenly into 20 muffin cups. Freeze until completely frozen, about 6 hours. Remove from muffin cups, and place into two 1-gallon freezer bags, removing as much air as possible. Freeze up to 3 months.
- To make one mug cake, spray microwavable mug (about 12 oz) with cooking spray. Remove paper baking cup from frozen cake batter, and place in bottom of mug. Cut 1 PEEPS Marshmallow Chick in half; cut one half into 4 to 5 pieces, and drop into mug on top of frozen cake batter; reserve remaining half for another mug cake.
- Microwave uncovered on high, 45 to 50 seconds, or until cake is set on top and edge pulls away from side of mug. Top with about 1 tablespoon of chocolate frosting. Top with 1 whole PEEPS Marshmallow Chick; Serve.