PEEPS® Triple Chocolate Cake
You can't go wrong serving up a cute and delicious PEEPS® Triple Chocolate Cake at your springtime gathering, with moist Duncan Hines® Devil's Food Cake, chocolate frosting, and chocolate dipped PEEPS® Brand Delights™ Marshmallow Chicks!
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 package (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 9 PEEPS® Delights™ Marshmallow Chicks
- 1/2 cup jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Blend cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Frost top with about 1/2-cup chocolate frosting. Top with second cake layer and frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Place 1/2-cup chocolate chips in small bowl. Microwave cream in a separate small microwave-safe bowl 30 seconds, until steaming hot. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips, let stand 30 seconds, whisk until smooth. Pour ganache on top of cold cake and use a spoon to push the ganache to the edge and drip down the sides. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Place remaining 1/2-cup chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, stir. Continue microwaving in 15-second increments until melted, stir until smooth. Spoon chocolate inside a large two egg-shaped silicone mold halves and use the back of the spoon to push it up the sides. Refrigerate 10 minutes, until firm.
- Place coconut and a drop of green food coloring in a resealable food storage bag, seal and shake until coconut is dyed green. Spread coconut over top of cake.
- Unmold chocolate egg and place in the center of the cake. Place PEEPS® Delights™ Marshmallow Chicks around the top of the cake. Decorate with jelly beans, slice and serve!
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.