PEEPS Tree Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles (confetti, nonpareils, jimmies)
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped vanilla frosting
- 18 PEEPS® brand marshmallow trees
- Additional holiday sprinkles and sparkling sugar, as desired
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil; spray bottom only with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, softened butter and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles; press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Remove bars from pan using foil; spread frosting on top. Place 18 marshmallow trees on top of frosting, to make 6 rows by 3 rows. Add additional sprinkles or sparkling sugar to exposed frosting edges. Cut into 18 bars, wiping knife with paper towel between cuts.
- Sprinkle small amount of powdered sugar “snow” on tops of trees.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.