Skip to main content
back to all recipes
- 3 pkgs. (5 ct. each) Peeps Yellow Marshmallow Chicks
- 1 standard box cake mix – see package for additional ingredients
- 2 containers of chocolate frosting
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 tube green decorating icing with piping tips (optional)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for making two 8″ round cakes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each cake to make them level.
- Place one round cake on a plate or cake stand and top with chocolate frosting. Place the second round cake on top of frosting. Frost entire cake with chocolate frosting.
- Place Peeps Yellow Marshmallow Chicks on top of cake around the diameter with their tails facing out.
- Place chocolate chips on top of cake in a circular pattern.
- If desired, use a leaf-shaped tip to pipe green decorating icing at the base of the cake.