PEEPS® Strawberry Shortcake Skewers
Make Strawberry Shortcake Skewers with cubes of strawberry cake skewered with fresh strawberries and PEEPS® Party Cake Marshmallow Chicks and drizzle with chocolate for a fun take on strawberry shortcake.
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Signature Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 84 PEEPS® Brand Party Cake Marshmallow Chicks
- 42 8-inch candy sticks or wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan and bake for 23 to 28 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Invert pan onto work surface and remove parchment paper. Cut cake into 84 1-inch squares.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe dish and microwave in 15 second intervals until melted.
- Build skewers by alternating PEEPS® Party Cake Marshmallow Chick, strawberry slice, and cake; repeat. Drizzle cake and strawberry pieces with chocolate.