PEEPS® RICE KRISPIES TREATS™ Tree
To enjoy this tree-rific holiday treat, check out the video and see more Live Your PEEPSONALITY® tutorials on our Youtube channel.
- 30 PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees, reserve 6
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Couple drops of green food coloring
- Buttercream Frosting
- MIKE AND IKE® Assorted Fruit Flavored Candies
- Melt butter in a glass measuring cup and put the butter paper over the cup to prevent splatter. After melted, save the paper for later.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt 24 PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees for 30 seconds. Add in the melted butter and stir, the PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees should melt since they have been warmed up and the hot melted butter should melt the rest. If not, give it a quick 15 to 30 seconds more in the microwave.
- Add in a couple drops of green food coloring and stir.
- Take the 6 reserved PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees and cut each one up into smaller cubes. Add them in the melted mix.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies® Cereal.
- Wrap a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil.
- Working on top of the aluminum foil lined cardboard, take a chunk of the mixture and form the top of the tree, next take a bigger chunk and form the center. Reserve a small amount for the trunk and take the remaining PEEPS® Rice Krispies Treats™ mixture and form the bottom. Lastly, attach the trunk.
- Take a little bit of frosting in a piping bag with a tip 5 attached, or simply cut a small hole in the bag. Pipe a Christmas tree light line down the tree.
- Take MIKE AND IKE® candies and place them on the line to make the light. It’s that simple and fun!
- Cut into pieces or break off chunks to enjoy.
Note: Use extreme caution when heating PEEPS® Marshmallow; they may be hot. Handle with care.