PEEPS® Pumpkin Caramel Corn Cupcakes
For the ultimate fall seasonal treat make our PEEPS® Pumpkin Caramel Corn Cupcakes—pumpkin spice cupcakes frosted with caramel cream cheese frosting and decorated with caramel popcorn and PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Halloween characters!
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Cream Cheese Creamy Home-Style Frosting
- 2/3 cup caramel dip, divided
- 1 bag (6.5 oz) Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP® Buttery Caramel Corn
- 12 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Pumpkins
- 12 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Monsters
Look for caramel dip in the produce section of your grocery store, the thicker consistency will work better than caramel sauce in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in 24 muffin cups.
- Blend cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs, oil and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 15 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Blend frosting and 1/3-cup caramel dip in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Refrigerate 15 minutes to firm up. Frost cooled cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frosting.
- Place a toothpick in the bottom of each Halloween PEEPS® marshmallow, leaving about an inch coming out the bottom of the PEEPS®. Whisk 1 tablespoon water into remaining 1/3-cup caramel dip.
- Decorate top of each pumpkin caramel corn cupcake with caramel corn. Drizzle caramel over and place a PEEPS® Marshmallow Pumpkin or Monster in the center of each pumpkin cupcake.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.