PEEPS® Party Cake Cookies
Cue the confetti: PEEPSONALITY® is abound in this festive PEEPS® Party Cake Cookies recipe, featuring our crowd-pleasing PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks!
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoons fine table salt
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, spoon and level measured
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10 PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon milk
To Decorate, You’ll Need:
- Piping bags
- Tip 2A
- Pastel nonpareils or Easter sprinkles
- Food Coloring
- PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks for decorating tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, salt, and sugar to a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Mix for two minutes on medium speed. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and mix again for 15 seconds.
- Melt 6 PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks in a microwave safe bowl for 20-30 seconds. Let the PEEPS® rest for two minutes before adding them in. Add them in to butter and sugar and mix on medium high speed for 1 minute. Scrape sides again. If you heat the PEEPS® too long, they will melt the butter.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing for a moment each time. Add in vanilla with second egg. Scrape down sides so everything is incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, corn starch and baking powder and add it all into the mixer. Use a towel to wrap around mixer to prevent flour from escaping. The baking powder acts as a tenderizer for the cookie, as does the corn starch. Mix until flour is incorporated and stop.
- Take a light-colored baking sheet, preferably a restaurant grade aluminum sheet and line it with parchment, darker baking sheets will brown bottoms faster. Take an ice-cream scoop, a volume of about 1/4 cup. Scoop each cookie, scraping the side of the bowl with each scoop so it’s leveled off. Put 6 cookies to a tray, two inches apart on all sides so the cookies don’t spread together. Bake on middle rack. As soon as the cookies are slightly golden-brown on the edges, they should be done. Remember cookies keep baking after they come out of the oven. They will dry out if overbaked. As soon as they are done, take a large round cookie cutter or a clear bowl, and swirl it around the cookie so it makes a tighter round cookie, and it brings the edges in slightly. Be gentle. This will only work right when the cookies come out of the oven. Use caution when doing this step as the cookies may still be hot.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheet for two minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cookies and top with sprinkles and a PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks.
- Cream butter in a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Cream for a minute.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks for 20-30 seconds and let cool for two minutes so the butter doesn’t melt. Add melted PEEPS® and vanilla into mixer and mix for two minutes, scraping down sides so everything is incorporated.
- Add in powdered sugar and place a towel over top and hold tightly to the bowl to prevent a powdered sugar storm. Once all the powdered sugar is mixed in, remove the towel and add 1/2 tablespoon of milk. Mix on medium speed for two to three minutes so the buttercream is light and fluffy. Add another 1/2 tablespoon of Milk if the frosting seems too thick. Add more powdered sugar if it seems too thin.
- Add a little food coloring to mix pastel colored frosting. Take a piping bag and cut 1 inch off the end. Add in piping tip and 1 cup frosting. Pipe on cookie starting in the center and work your way out to make all the way around to the edge like a big swirl of frosting. Add pastel Easter nonpareils to the top and then take a PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chick and place it in the center. Enjoy. For an extra delicious treat, try microwaving the cookie with frosting for 15 seconds before eating.
Note: This recipe requires microwaving PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks in multiple steps. Use extreme caution when heating PEEPS® Marshmallow; they may be hot. Handle with care.