PEEPS® Marshmallow Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 6 PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks or Bunnies, cut into small pieces
- Additional butter or oil, for pans
- Additional PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks or Bunnies for garnish
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add in buttermilk, milk and eggs, stirring just enough to start to combine. Add in melted butter and stir just until combined. Add in PEEPS® Marshmallow pieces and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy and thick.
- Let batter sit for 2-3 minutes, this will allow time for the baking powder and buttermilk to help puff up the batter.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of batter (an ice cream scoop is perfect) into a skillet that has been preheated to medium-low / medium heat, and lightly brushed with butter or oil. The batter will be thick and you will need to use your scoop or spoon to help spread the batter out a bit.
- When bubbles start to appear on surface, and edges of pancake begin to appear to be browning, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Pancakes should only be flipped once.
- Serve with syrup, frosting or whipped cream, and garnish with additional PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks or Bunnies.
Use extreme caution when heating PEEPS®, they may be hot. Handle with care.