PEEPS® Marshmallow Cookie Pie Recipe
Best consumed by the slice and studded with gooey PEEPS® Marshmallow and chocolate, this is the ultimate Spring time treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. mini white chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips, divided
- 10 (1 pack) any color PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Chicks
Makes one 8-inch cookie, best served in 8 slices, pizza style
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch cake pan or springform pan with baking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and melted chocolate; beat on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Add flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda; beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Cut 6 PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks into dime sized chunks and mix them into your dough with 3/4 cup white chocolate chips and 3/4 cup chocolate chips; beat on low speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Press cookie-dough mixture evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon each white chocolate chips and chocolate chips. Press your remaining PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks lightly into the surface of the cookie so they set in place as the cookie cools. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove from pan; slice into 4-8 wedges.
Store in an airtight container on your counter for up to 5 days.