PEEPS® Gingerbread Latte
Looking for a pick-me-up for the holiday shopping rush? Add a little flavor and seasonal spark to your coffee with our PEEPS® Gingerbread Latte recipe! Follow these steps to create your own gingerbread syrup, or buy a premade syrup of your choice, and whip up this flavorful holiday coffee drink — topped with PEEPS® Gingerbread Flavored Marshmallow Gingerbread Men.
Ingredients for Gingerbread Syrup:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Latte:
- 2 shots espresso
- 3 tablespoons of gingerbread syrup (homemade or store-bought)
- 8-15 oz frothed milk or milk substitute
- PEEPS® Gingerbread Flavored Marshmallow Gingerbread Men
- Small, non-stick skillet or saucepan
Instructions for Gingerbread Syrup:
- Add ingredients to skillet or saucepan.
- Whisk, stir, and bring ingredients to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to a simmer.
- Simmer syrup for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Store syrup in a covered container in the fridge.
- Syrup will last for 1-2 weeks after production.
Instructions for PEEPS® Gingerbread Latte:
- Make the syrup or have your store-bought syrup ready.
- Pour two shots of espresso into your mug.
- Add gingerbread syrup.
- Add frothed milk or milk substitute.
- Top with one of our PEEPS® Gingerbread Flavored Marshmallow Gingerbread Men.