PEEPS® Gingerbread Bars
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 PEEPS Gingerbread Flavored Marshmallow Gingerbread Men
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil, letting enough foil hang over the edges so that you can grasp it to pull the bars out after baking. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine butter and sugars, beating until well mixed. Add in vanilla and molasses and beat until well combined. Mix in egg until combined. Combine flour, baking soda, and spices. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until well combined, but do not over mix. Batter will be thick. Press batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. They will seem undercooked, but firm up as they cool. Once cooled completely, frost with cream cheese frosting. Store covered in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add in vanilla, and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Frost bars.
- Slice, and top each piece with a PEEPS Gingerbread Flavored Marshmallow Man.
- Store uneaten bars in the refrigerator.