Peeps Flower Cake
- 1 box Betty CrockerTM SuperMoistTM Yellow Cake Mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers Betty CrockerTM Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Yellow food color
- Green food color
- 40 yellow PEEPS® brand Marshmallow Chicks
- Yellow, orange, and green sugars, brown jimmies, green nonpareils, for decorating.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For easier handling, refrigerate or freeze 30 minutes to 1 hour or until firm.
- Use serrated knife to cut 8-inch circle from cake; cut 2 leaves and stem from remaining cake.
- On large foil-covered cookie sheet or wax paper-lined tray (21×14 inches), assemble cake parts into a flower, placing stem and leaves near bottom of circle.
- In small bowl, mix 1 container frosting and yellow food color. In another small bowl, mix 1 cup frosting from second container and green food color. Spread thin layer of yellow frosting on circle to seal in crumbs. Spread thin layer of green frosting on leaves and stem. Refrigerate or freeze 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spread remaining yellow frosting on circle. Spread remaining green frosting to cover leaves and stem
- Using photo as a guide, leave 4 strips of PEEPS® marshmallow chicks intact, and wrap around base of circle, with heads faced outward and bottoms pointed up. Continue around base of circle, except for area where leaves and stem attach. If necessary, place additional chicks to fill any gaps.
- Separate remaining PEEPS® marshmallow chicks, and place them individually around top outer edge of circle, leaving 5-inch diameter open, with chicks facing center of circle.
- Sprinkle center of flower with yellow and orange sugars and brown jimmies. Sprinkle leaves with green nonpareils and green sugar.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.