PEEPS® Easter Basket Cake
This PEEPS® Easter Basket Cake is a classic combination of Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake and chocolate frosting decorated to look like an Easter basket and topped with PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks and Bunnies and cotton candy.
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Chocolate Creamy Home-Style Frosting
- 2 pkgs (13.5 oz each) rolled wafer cookies or 32 decorated pretzel rods
- 1 cup cotton candy
- 5 PEEPS® Brand Cotton Candy Marshmallow Chicks
- 5 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Bunnies
- wired edge ribbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Beat cake mix water, eggs an oil in large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake 26 to 31 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Place cooled cake layer on serving plate. Frost with a thin layer of frosting. Top with second cake layer and frost entire cake with remaining frosting.
- Place cookies or pretzel rods around the cake. Top cake with cotton candy and PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks and Bunnies. Tie ribbon in a bow around the bottom of the cake. Make the handle by tucking ends of ribbon into bow ribbon.
To make decorated pretzel rods: Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Melt 3 squares vanilla almond bark according to package directions. Use a serrated knife to cut 16 pretzel rods in half. Dip one end of each in melted almond bark and place on baking sheet to dry. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.