PEEPS® Donut Loaded Hot Cocoa
Go all out this year and bake this easy chocolate treat! Load up your mugs of Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa and pair with a Duncan Hines® cake mix donut, plenty of Reddi-wip® and a PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Vanilla Crème Pop!
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting, divided use
- 1/2 cup holiday sprinkles, divided use
- 8 envelopes (1.38 oz each) Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 8 cups hot water or milk
- 8 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Vanilla Crème Pops
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 6-cavity donut pans with baking spray.
- Blend cake mix, 3/4-cup milk, oil, and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a resealable food storage bag and cut off a corner. Pipe into donut pan, filling no more than halfway up the sides using about half of the batter. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove donuts from pans immediately and cool completely on a wire rack, about 15 minutes. Fill pans with remaining donut batter and bake second batch.
- Place 1-cup frosting in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 15 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving in 5-second increments until frosting is just melted enough to glaze the donuts.
- Place a wire rack inside a large baking sheet. Dip tops of donuts into glaze and place on rack. Decorate with sprinkles quickly before the glaze hardens.
- Use remaining frosting to spread around the rim of each cocoa mug. Press sprinkles into frosting. Pour 1 cup hot water or milk into mugs. Stir 1 envelope of Swiss Miss® into each mug.
- Place a chocolate donut on the rim of each cocoa mug. Place a PEEPS® Marshmallow Vanilla Crème Pop in each cocoa mug and top each donut loaded hot cocoa with Reddi-wip®!