PEEPS® Donut Bite Pops
Perfect for parties and gifting, our PEEPS® Donut Bite Pops will be a hit at your springtime gathering this year! Fry up some fresh donut holes with made Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix and skewer onto PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Rainbow Pops!
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 package (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 pudding cups (3.25 oz each) Snack Pack® Vanilla Pudding
- 12 PEEPS® Marshmallow Rainbow Pops
- 1/2 cup Duncan Hines® Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 2 drops purple food coloring
- Pour oil into a large saucepan and heat over medium heat to 350°F. Monitor oil temperature carefully to make sure it doesn’t get too hot.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, and pudding in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Using two spoons or a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, carefully drop balls of dough into hot oil. Work close to the oil to prevent splashing. You can cook 5 to 6 donut bites at a time. Cook, turning frequently, 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on the outside and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove donut bites to a paper towel-lined plate. Cool completely.
- Scoop frosting into a small microwave-safe bowl and use food coloring to dye it lavender. Microwave in 5 second increments until frosting is fluid, about the consistency of corn syrup, stirring after each. Drizzle frosting over cooled donut bites.
- Push PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks down on the sticks to make room for a donut bite to be skewered on top. Skewer a donut bite through the top and bottom of each PEEPS® Pop. Serve and enjoy!