PEEPS® Dessert Jarcuterie
Get creative this Halloween with our PEEPS® Dessert Jarcuterie! Fill jars with chocolate cake batter dip, pretzels for dipping, chocolate sandwich cookies and make them over-the-top with candy and PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Ghosts and Monsters!
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Halloween sprinkles
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Chocolate Creamy Home-Style Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Ghosts, divided
- 12 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Monsters
- 24 thin pretzel sticks
- 12 pretzel rods
- 12 lollipops
- 12 pieces black licorice
- Adjust oven racks to upper and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Stir together cake mix, melted butter and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet to make 30 dough balls. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl. Dip top of 12 dough balls in sprinkles and return to baking sheet.
- Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes, until centers are set, rotating pans about halfway through baking. Cool on pans 1 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- Set aside 1/2-cup chocolate frosting. Spread remaining frosting on flat side of sprinkle cookies. Create cookie sandwiches with one sprinkle cookie and one undecorated cookie.
- CAKE BATTER DIP: Place remaining cookies, reserved 1/2-cup frosting and cream cheese in food processor and process until smooth. Scrape dip into a bowl. Tear 4 PEEPS® Marshmallow Ghosts into small pieces and fold into dip.
- Place PEEPS® Marshmallow Ghosts and Monsters on pretzel sticks. Break pretzel rods so they are 2 different lengths. Scoop cake batter dip evenly into 12 small jars. Insert PEEPS® pretzel sticks and pretzel rods into dip. Rest a sandwich cookie on top of each jar. Fill in spaces with lollipops and licorice. Serve dessert jarcuterie immediately.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.