PEEPS® No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe
Cool off this summer with colorful, creamy ice cream featuring PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks. We all scream for ice cream! Check out the recorded event and see more PEEPSONALITY® Live! videos on our Youtube channel..
- 10 – 15 PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- 3 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
- ½ – ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Optional: Pink and blue food coloring
This recipe makes roughly 10.5 servings. Total time for recipe is as follows:
- Prep (including melting PEEPS in cream and cooling mixture) = 1.5 hrs
- Time to produce no-churn ice cream = 20 minutes
- Freezing time = 3-5 hrs depending on the size of container
- Shelf-life of product = ~2 weeks from date of freezing no-churn ice cream.
- In a medium saucepan, pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and turn on low. Add 10 -15 PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks and stir until all PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks are dissolved. Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl and set in refrigerator to cool. This is now your PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored whipping cream.*Complete this first step approximately 1 hour before making ice cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour ½ – ¾ cup of sweetened condensed milk (if want less sweet, use ½ cup sweetened condensed milk), 1 – 2 pinches of sea salt, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Stir mixture together until fully blended.
- In a medium size mixing bowl (or bowl attachment for stand mixer) pour 1 ½ cups of cold heavy whipping cream and all of the cold PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored whipping cream into mixing bowl. Insert mixing beaters. Whip on lowest setting for 3 – 5 seconds and turn onto highest setting until stiff peaks are achieved. Whipping can take 2 – 5 minutes depending on speed of mixer and size of bowl. Be careful not to over-whip the whipping cream. If a brighter pink color is desired, feel free to add 1 – 2 drops of pink food coloring prior to whipping.
- Combine whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk mixture by gently folding whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk mixture until all whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk mixture are folded together. This is your PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored ice cream base. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl or cleaned attachment bowl for stand mixer, pour remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add 1 – 2 drops of blue food coloring if desired. Whip mixture until all is blended and stiff peaks are formed. This is now your frosting swirl, or variegate as we call it in the world of ice cream science. Using a spatula/spoon, pour frosting variegate into a zipper sandwich bag and seal. Cut small hole in corner of bag and set aside.
- Using ladle, pour a thin layer of PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored ice cream base into storage container followed by a layer of blue frosting swirls. Add another layer of PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored ice cream base followed by a layer of blue frosting swirls. Continue to repeat this until container is full and top layer is blue frosting swirls.
- Place lid on container and put in freezer for 3 – 5 hours (depending on size of container).
- Remove from freezer, scoop, top with some PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks and enjoy! Note: If ice cream is firm when removing it from freezer, set on counter for 5 – 7 minutes to let slightly thaw prior to scooping.