PEEPS® Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Add some sweetness to your spring with this cotton candy cupcake recipe! Enjoy cotton candy-colored pink and blue cupcakes frosted in pink, topped with real cotton candy and PEEPS® Brand Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chick!
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic White Cake Mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 container (14 oz each) Duncan Hines® Whipped Fluffy White Frosting
- pink and blue food coloring
- 4 cups blue cotton candy
- 24 PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place liners in 24 muffin cups.
- Beat white cake mix, egg whites, water and 1/3 cup oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter, about 2 cups, into another bowl. Use a few drops of blue food coloring to dye one bowl of batter light blue and a few drops of pink food coloring to dye the other bowl of batter pink.
- Layer pink and blue cake batters in muffin cups, filling about 2/3 of the way up. Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Use pink food coloring to dye frosting light pink. Frost cotton candy cupcakes. Decorate with cotton candy and PEEPS® Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks.