PEEPS® Cookie Nests
These bright and cheerful springtime treats have a special surprise waiting for anyone who loves a sweet and tender sugar cookie! Each cookie is frosted with a brightly colored frosting "nest" with a PEEPS® chick nestled on top. But under each chick, there's even more colorful fun: a clutch of sweet jelly bean "eggs"! Make this playful cookie for your favorite spring gathering—they're sure to be the star of the show.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for drop cookies
- 3 3/4 cups Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from three 16-oz containers)
- Betty Crocker™ assorted gel food colors
- 60 Just Born® jelly beans
- 20 PEEPS® brand marshmallow chicks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang over edges of pan. Spray bottom with cooking spray.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Measure 1 1/4 cups frosting into each of 3 small bowls. Stir red gel food color into 1 bowl to desired color, stir yellow gel food color into 1 bowl to desired color, and stir blue gel food color into 1 bowl to desired color.
- Working with 1 color at a time, transfer frosting into decorating bag fitted with star tip. Leaving 3/4-inch circle near center of cookie, pipe a continuous swirl of frosting around to within 1/2 inch of edge of cookie. Top with another swirl of frosting to build up “nest” with a small well in center of cookie.
- Add 3 jelly beans to center well of cookie; top with PEEPS® chick. Continue for remaining cookies and frosting colors.
Tint your frosting to closely match the PEEPS® chick colors, and have fun mixing and matching looks when decorating! If desired, add a sprinkle of colored decorating sugar immediately after piping frosting nest.
Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting may also be used.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.