PEEPS® Color Swirl Cookies
Make an easy cake mix cookie dough, dye it four colors and roll them together to make our PEEPS® color swirl cookies!
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- purple, pink, blue, and yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup Duncan Hines® Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 14 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Chicks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Stir cake mix, oil, and eggs together in large bowl until soft dough forms. Divide dough evenly into 4 bowls, it’s okay if they aren’t exactly the same. Use food coloring to dye each bowl a different color.
- Take small pieces of each dough and press them into a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop. Roll dough into a ball and place on baking sheet. Flatten each with the palm of your hand into 2-inch rounds. Leave at least 1-1/2 inches between cookies. Bake 11 to 13 minutes, until centers are just set.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Spread a little bit of frosting on the bottom of your PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks and top each color swirl cookie with a Chick