PEEPS® Christmas Tree Cake
A beautiful cake makes the perfect centerpiece for your Christmas dinner buffet table! Make our ombre Christmas trees cake with moist yellow cake, brightly colored frosting, sprinkles, and PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees!
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 2 pkgs (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 cups water
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 containers (14 oz each) Duncan Hines® Whipped Fluffy White Frosting
- Red and green food coloring gel
- 12 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Trees
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray three 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Blend cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly into pans.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 15 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons frosting into two small bowls. Dye one bowl of frosting red and the other green. If needed, add a drop of yellow food coloring to the green to brighten it.
- Place one cooled cake layer on serving plate. Frost with about 1/2-cup white frosting. Repeat layers. Top with last cake layer and frost entire cake with remaining white frosting.
- Use the back of a small spoon to smear small dots of red and green frosting into the white frosting. If desired, smooth the sides of the cake with a flat spatula or bench knife to blend the colors more.
- Decorate top and sides of cake with PEEPS® Marshmallow Trees and sprinkles. Slice and serve your Christmas tree cake!