PEEPS® Chick Surprise-Inside Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix. Water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup assorted mini candy-coated chocolate candies, jimmies, or confetti candy sprinkles
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting (any flavor)
- Green food color
- Green colored decorating sugar
- 24 Yellow PEEPS® brand Marshmallow Chicks
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake as directed on box for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful candies.
- Spoon frosting into medium bowl; stir enough food color until desired green color. Frost cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with colored sugar. Top with yellow PEEPS® Chick. Store loosely covered.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.