PEEPS® Candy Cane Red Velvet Cake
Our PEEPS® Candy Cane Red Velvet Cake recipe is so fun and festive; your holiday guests will be in awe! We make it easy with delicious Duncan Hines® Signature Red Velvet cake and Creamy Chocolate Frosting and all you have to do is add sprinkles, candy canes and PEEPS® Brand Delights™ Peppermint Bark Flavored Marshmallow Chicks!
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 package (15.25 oz) Duncan Hines® Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 container (16 oz) Duncan Hines® Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup red and white sprinkles
- 6 PEEPS® Brand Delights™ Peppermint Bark Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- 12 each various size peppermint candy canes
- 6 peppermint round candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with baking spray.
- Blend cake mixes, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly into pans
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place one cooled cake layer on serving plate. Frost with a thin layer of chocolate frosting. Top with second cake layer and frost entire cake with remaining frosting.
- Decorate top and sides of cake with sprinkles. Place PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks on top of cake. Poke candy canes into the top of the cake at varying heights and place round candies between each PEEPS® Marshmallow Chick. Slice your PEEPS® Candy Cane Red Velvet Cake and serve!