PEEPS® Brownie Easter Basket
Our PEEPS® Brownie Easter Basket is such a fun activity for kids to decorate and it's a delicious dessert that everyone at your party will love!
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 pkgs (18.3 oz each) Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 container (16 oz each) Duncan Hines® Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- green food coloring
- 8 PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Chicks
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom and sides of 17×11-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment, leaving overhang on the two long edges of the pan to help lift brownie out of pan once it has cooled.
- Stir both brownie mixes, eggs, oil, and water together in large bowl until blended, about 50 strokes. Pour into pan and spread evenly. Bake 26 to 28 minutes, until toothpick inserted 1-inch from edge of pan comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Run a table knife around the edge of the brownie that is touching the pan. Gently lift brownie out of pan and onto serving surface. A piece of poster board or a large cutting board will work well. Use a plastic knife to cut the brownie into a basket shape. Carefully cut or tear away the visible parchment paper. Set brownie scraps aside.
- Place coconut flakes in small resealable bag and add a few drops of food coloring. Seal the bag and shake until coated with green. Use your brownie scraps to cut flowers and eggs so you don’t have much waste. Decorate them like you would decorate a sugar cookie with frosting and sprinkles!
- Spread frosting over the rest of the basket. Decorate the top of the basket with green coconut. Place some of your flowers on sticks and poke them out the top of the basket. Fill in gaps with PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks and jelly beans. Cut your brownie Easter basket and serve!