Hot Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 oz) box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup gingerbread cookies, crushed in a blender
- 2 6-count packages of PEEPS Gingerbread Flavored Gingerbread Men
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, melted butter, sour cream, and milk until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Gingerbread Frosting: Beat butter until smooth. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and finely crushed gingerbread cookies. Slowly add in more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it gets too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Frost your cooled cupcakes and top with Gingerbread PEEPS!