Skip to main content
back to all recipes
Summer Push Pop PEEPS® Recipe
- 12 PEEPS Marshmallow Bunnies
- One frozen pound cake, thawed. You can use miniature cupcakes or even brownie bites in place of the pound cake if desired.
- One container of vanilla frosting.
- 12 Push Pop Containers
- Sprinkles if desired
- Food coloring (three different colors are suggested)
- Zipper style storage bags to use for piping frosting into push pop containers.
- Start by assembling your push pop containers if needed.
- Add food coloring to your frosting. If using three different colors, divide your frosting equally into three bowls, and add a drop or two of color to each bowl, mixing well to combine.
- Spoon your frosting into three different zipper style storage bags. You will be snipping a bottom corner off of each bag allowing you to pipe your frosting out of the bags.
- Place your thawed pound cake onto a cutting board. Cut your pound cake in half horizontally.
- Using a push pop container as your cutter, cut out round pieces of of pound cake. Each push pop will use two circles of pound cake.
- Snip a bottom corner off of each zipper bag of frosting, leaving approximately a ¼ to 1/3” hole in the bottom corner of the bag.
- Squeeze a bit of frosting into the bottom of each of your push pop containers.
- Place a circle of pound cake into each push pop, pressing onto the top of the frosting.
- Squeeze frosting on to the top of each of your circles of pound cake in each container; repeat with another circle of pound cake and additional frosting.
- You can place your PEEPS Bunnies onto your push pops whole, though they fit better if you cut them in half. Top each push pop with a PEEP and garnish with sprinkles if desired.