PEEPS® Chocolate Sugar Cookie Pops Recipe
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Hearts
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 full egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 lollipop or popsicle sticks
- Frosting – one container, approximately 16 ounces
- In a mixer, whip butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until well combined.
- Beat in egg and egg yolk until well combined.
- Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle flour onto countertop or surface to roll dough onto.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll to 1/4” thickness. Cut into large heart shapes. Your heart shape should be large enough to place a Peep Marshmallow Heart on after decorating.
- Place heart cut outs onto cookie sheet laying each heart directly on top of a popsicle or lollipop stick. The stick should come at least halfway up the cookie. Gently press down cookie over the top of each stick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Frost with frosting of your choice.
- Place a PEEPS® Marshmallow Heart on top of your frosting.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.