Cake Batter Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches with PEEPS®
Cake batter waffles meet waffle ice cream sandwiches in this spring brunch indulgence! Enjoy cake batter waffles sandwiched with a melted PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Chick or Bunny and ice cream. Pick them up and eat or decorate and go all out with more PEEPS®, Reddi-wip® and plenty of rainbow sprinkles!
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz each) Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 20 PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks or Bunnies
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 Quart vanilla ice cream
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping, optional
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Cut 4 PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks or Bunnies into small pieces and stir pieces and rainbow sprinkles into cake batter.
- Spray cold grids of round waffle iron with cooking spray. Preheat according to manufacturers’ directions. Pour batter onto grids of waffle iron according to manufacturers’ directions and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 cake batter waffles. Place waffles on 2 large baking sheets.
- Adjust oven racks to upper and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 300°F. Cut each waffle into 4 pieces. Bake cooked waffles 8 minutes, until crispy. Top half of the waffles with a PEEPS® Marshmallow Chick or Bunny. Bake 5 minutes. Note: Use extreme caution when heating PEEPS® Marshmallow; they may be hot. Handle with care.
- Use the back of a spoon to gently flatten the PEEPS® Marshmallow Chick or Bunny. Cool completely, about 10 minutes. Place a scoop of ice cream on half of the waffles and top each with another waffle to make a cake batter waffle ice cream sandwich. Serve with Reddi-wip® and rainbow sprinkles, if desired.
Share a Photo
Share if you loved this recipe as is, or if you added your own #peepsonality.
Got a great recipe?
Share your favorite PEEPS-inspired recipe with us on Facebook and it could be featured on our website.