back to all recipes
Peeps Coconut Macaroon Brownies
- 1 box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (from a 14 oz can)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 PEEPS® Delights™ Coconut Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in Chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F (325° F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9×9-inch square pan with foil, leaving extra hanging over the sides of pan and spray bottom only with cooking spray. Make brownie batter as directed on brownie mix box. Spread batter in pan and bake 36 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix coconut, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Remove brownies from oven and carefully spoon and spread coconut mixture evenly over brownies. Bake 14 to 17 minutes longer, or until coconut is lightly browned. Cool completely, about 2 hours; remove from pan by lifting sides of foil.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon oil on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring halfway, until chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon into resealable food-storage bag; seal bag. Cut small tip from corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over coconut mixture. Top with PEEPS® and let stand for 30 minutes, or until chocolate drizzle is set. To serve, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.